So...It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I feel bad that I am so late in posting about my sweet grandma who passed away a little over a week ago. It was a passing that brought tears of sadness and happiness all at the same time. Part of my sadness comes with knowing that the generation that went through all the World Wars are passing away. They were and still are one of a kind that went through more then we may never know. At her funeral, my grandmas brother mentioned that when my dad was born, my grandpa was stationed somewhere out of the state in training for WWII. In order for my grandparents to be together before he was shipped off, my grandma would leave my dad with her mother and leave him for a few months at a time before she could see him again. I cannot imagine having to leave my children for months at a time because it was not safe to travel with them. I cannot imagine watching your husband, son, brother, father etc. being shipped off to a war where so many never came back. I cannot imagine wondering every day which one of your friends husbands may die or go missing. Think of your best friends and then put yourself in a position that these women, including my grandma had to go through every day for years. We are so blessed. Love you grandma!!Wednesday, January 30, 2008
Love that grandma
So...It has been a crazy couple of weeks and I feel bad that I am so late in posting about my sweet grandma who passed away a little over a week ago. It was a passing that brought tears of sadness and happiness all at the same time. Part of my sadness comes with knowing that the generation that went through all the World Wars are passing away. They were and still are one of a kind that went through more then we may never know. At her funeral, my grandmas brother mentioned that when my dad was born, my grandpa was stationed somewhere out of the state in training for WWII. In order for my grandparents to be together before he was shipped off, my grandma would leave my dad with her mother and leave him for a few months at a time before she could see him again. I cannot imagine having to leave my children for months at a time because it was not safe to travel with them. I cannot imagine watching your husband, son, brother, father etc. being shipped off to a war where so many never came back. I cannot imagine wondering every day which one of your friends husbands may die or go missing. Think of your best friends and then put yourself in a position that these women, including my grandma had to go through every day for years. We are so blessed. Love you grandma!!
8 comments:
That's sweet, Chris! I love and miss Grandma soooo much, it's great being apart of her legacy!
This post made me miss my own grandparents who have long since passed. This generation made more sacrifices then we can even dream of.
Sorry to hear of your loss.
Sweet post Christine and so true,can't imagine living through those times of such uncertainty.
We are so blessed!
So true! I wish I had more time with my grandparents to really get to know them. I was to young when they passed (or before my grandma was sick) to appreciate all they sacrificed and had to go through. Hang in there -love Ya!
I always wished that I knew my grandparents better. Dan has a grandma still alive and one of my favorite things to do when we see her is to hear her tell stories of her growing up. What a treasure they have to give to all of us. Sorry about your grandma, it is sweet sorrow, know that they are happier and in a better place.
it's so neat that there is such a wide range of emotions in times like this. We are lucky to be able to feel comfort and loss at the same time.
Sorry about your grandma christine.
she loved whenyou kids came to see her.
Post a Comment