So...I have this child...his name is Connor...and...well..I guess he's pretty smart. Ok he is really really smart. So smart that he won his schools Geography Bee. Now when I titled this blog "where did he come from"..I really truly meant that. I was not that smart. When people ask what I studied in college, my cute hubby always points out that I studied anything that started after 10:00 am...and he is so right. School was a place I used to go to dance, play a little tennis, socialize, socialize, socialize and a little study here and there when it didn't interfere with my...yep...socializing. Anyway..back to my blog about my son. He had to take a test and the winner of this test in each 4th 5th and 6th grade class got to participate in the geography bee. In total there were 3 kids in each grade which totaled 9 kids...(see..I can totally add). Well..long story short, Connor won without missing a single question. Just for fun, I wrote down the last 3 questions he had to answer...let me know how you did.#1 Name the independent country located entirely within the city of Rome...
#2 India borders two landlocked countries to the North, name one of them...
#3 A United States island territory where the official languages are English and Timoro..name
this island...
Good luck...
7 comments:
Seriously? Very impressive...and handsome to boot. You should be a proud mama.
Are you kidding me?...I mean,are you KIDDING ME? I have no clue whatsoever to begin answering those questions and I'm pretty sure I read and pronounced the questions wrong! He's amazing. I hope he gets to go to Washington! That would be sweet!
After you told mom, mom told me, and then I told Joel, and then Joel told a friend, and then his friend told a guy, so tell Connor he's famous!
Yeah - that's way out of my league. I can barely name the capital of each state, actually now that I think about it, I can't name the capital of each state. Way to go Connor - very impressive!
dangit...I don't know any of those questions. not a one. connor didn't miss ANY? Seriuosly. He's a smartie. Good job Connor!
oh, and your addition skills are MIND BLOWING:)
Way to go Connor...I just barely realized that were we are staying (Cancun) is actually IN Mexico (Ok, I'm kidding about that, but I really couldn't begin to know the answers to those other questions)
Miss you Chrissy Lou!
Ya, well who really needs to know that anyway? I mean seriously, I have not had to know that in all of my 29 years, why would I need that info now? But, Kudos to Connor, his is so stinking cute, and being smart AND cute, WATCH OUT!
Glad one of us Bolingbroke's got the geography gene... love that kid.
Post a Comment