Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Have you ever had a moment in your life that you don't ever want to forget but are afraid you may. I don't ever want to forget the feeling on Sunday and being surrounded by the people I love the most in this world. I don't ever want to forget the moment when I walked in the room and felt so overwhelmed by the support of friends and family that tears immediately came to my eyes. I don't ever want to forget looking into the eyes of those I love and seeing pure love coming back to me. I don't ever want to forget seeing my children crying from pure happiness of seeing their mother and father in the water. I don't ever want to forget listening to the words of best friends who have been with me through thick and thin and never wavering on being there when I needed them most. I don't ever want to forget the words of my bishop and stake president and how the words touched my heart. I don't ever want to forget the hugs and kisses of everyone and the kind words that were said to me after the prayer. I don't ever want to forget the feeling of laying in bed on Sunday night hoping and praying that this feeling will never ever go away. I love you all and I want you to know that you will never ever know what it truly meant to me to have you there. As Charlotte said through her inspired words.."if this is what heaven is like I can't wait to get there. " well I pray that that is what heaven is like, it was definitely a piece of heaven on earth for me and my family.

6 comments:

Melissa said...

Love ya Chrissy Lou, just had goose bumps run up and down my body and tears come to my eyes! It was a special night and one that will comfort you throughout your life I'm sure! So glad I could be there to witness the pure love of Christ.

Carrie said...

My big sister, I miss you so much, you've really mentored me through my life with this. You have the neatest, funniest, most incredible little family and I love you all!

Jill said...

I can only guess at what this means for you and what happened Sunday night. It's been a long journey I'm sure, but sometimes the hardest things in life are those that bring out the best in us. I wish I could have been there to witness such a wonderful and sweet moment in your life. So, so very happy for you and for your sweet kids.

Rachel said...

Wow - reading your words brought back all the feelings of love, reverence, peace, hope, and so much more.. that were felt Sunday night. I don't think anyone will ever forget - it was truly one of the most spiritual moments I have had and I will cherish this the rest of my life. I am so grateful to have the opportunity to be there with you and your family. Love You!

Carrie said...

Did you vote? If so, which one? My big poll closes in 9 days! ha ha

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

I think that everyone there felt the same way that you did. There was an amazing spirit there and I was so grateful to be a part of your day. Congrats to you and your family. Don't ever forget the feelings that you had that day, it will help and comfort you in days to come:) I'm sure that it is so nice to know that so many love you and care about you!!!