Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Working Woman



So a few weeks ago I decided I wanted to go back to work at the Sanctuary. All my kids are in school and I find myself sitting on the couch eating bon bons and watching Tivo a little too much. Not that I don't like sitting on the couch eating bon bons and watching Tivo but the couch was starting to get my "buttprint" permanently etched into its cushion. Today was my first day back...well it was my first couple of hours back...allrighty I only worked for an hour but who's counting...Now for those who know me know I used to work at the Sanctuary ALOT so I didn't need to be trained or shown how to do a thing so I sort of just went with the flow. This was my "flow" today..
11:15- show up at work and clock in
11:16- talk to Alycia who I haven't seen in a while
11:18 - Answer phone - It's Kevin calling to see how my first day back is
11:20- Walk in the back room and catch up with massage therapist who I haven't seen in a while
11:30- co worker comes and gets me telling me I have a friend up front
11:31 - walk up front and see my friend Melissa
11:32 - 11:45 - leave Sanctuary to go shopping with Melissa...we go to Dillards and Fanzz to find sweatshirt for my son
11:45 - 12:00 - Melissa and I decide we're hungry so we go to food court to have lunch
12:01 - come back to work
12:02 - Answer phone...It is Kevin again asking me to get carpet cleaner scheduled and once again asking me how my first day back was
12:05 - call carpet cleaner and schedule appointment
12:07 - sister shows up and we go back in the office to talk
12:12- Answer phone...it is Kevin asking me to schedule a house cleaner for his house...
12:14- Call house cleaner and schedule cleaning
12:18- Go to the bathroom
12:20 - Help a guest
12:22 - Say goodbye to coworker
12:23 - Clock out
All in all a very productive day for me...I was able to go to lunch with Melissa, do a little shopping, schedule appointments (for me), catch up with old friends, and I made money while doing it...man I forgot how much I enjoy that work thing..

7 comments:

Carrie said...

Better not let dad read this post! Hide it. And Kevin hired me to remind you to get the carpet cleaner over to his house! ha ha

Melissa said...

You are cracking me up! But I am glad you found time to go hang out with me during this busy work schedule! Man, after all that work you'd better schedule yourself a massage!!

Jill said...

I could rearrange my work schedule to meet you for lunch...Miles and I are soo very busy during the day.

Dan and Jen Sampson said...

Can I get a job there? I need some time to schedule some appointments and catch up with some friends. SLOOOOOWW DOWWWWNNNN! Don't work too hard, you need your energy for tennis:)

Carrie said...

I tagged you! Get to work, chop chop!

Rachel said...

Hey - how come it's not like that when I work - no fair- Glad your back!

tara said...

dang. cushie job.
don't strain yourself:)