Monday, February 4, 2008

Basketball anyone?

My Saturdays the last 5 weeks have been all about basketball. I'm not a huge fan of basketball...O.K.. i'm not even a little fan of basketball...O.K..I absolutely do not like the game called basketball. So my dilemna lately has been how to put on a smiley face for my three boys who all play the stupid sport. Stupid is a harsh word and I don't even know if I hate basketball so much as I hate the smelly gym my boys have to play in. By the time Connors game comes up around 4:00 or later, the gym smells and feels like a steam room or sauna that has not been cleaned in a really long time. What to do? I figured out that if I bring a magazine or a book of crossword puzzles and Kevin tells me when Jackson, Connor, or Ethan have the ball, I only have to look up for a second to see the shot made and then I can continue on with my article or puzzle.
I would just like to point out...for the record...that I love all other sports...especially football and baseball, and I still support my boys even though I would sometimes rather have a soup can dropped on my big toe a couple of times...there..now I feel better


Ethans game in the smelly gym at 11:00 am

Jacksons game in the smelly gym at 1:00 pm

And finally...Connors game in the smelly gym at 5:00










8 comments:

Carrie said...

SO FUNNY! I'm loving the fact there's not a darn thing you can do about it...looks like you're going to have to sweat this one out!

Love ya sista!

Lori Romney said...

gross. i hate smelly gyms. i used to swim in high school and school pools are probably equally smelly. :( what a good mom you are.

Anonymous said...

o.k. so what you are saying is that you don't like basketball? Well I hate to tell you this but with 3 boys, you are going to have to "get over it". I love basketball, baseball to me is like ripping off fake nails...painfully slow!!! Oh well, I still like you and you are a good mom to go and support them!!

Melissa said...

I feel your pain...Hudsen hauls it to the gym every Saturday for her b-ball...but she's cute to watch. (Not that your boys aren't cute)

Maman Pélissié said...

We seriously missed you at fight night on Sat. Next time you will have to come!

Kelli said...

ugh i hate being in smelly gyms - and i equally hate watching aaron play basketball. its such a boring atmosphere! baseball and football are much much better! you can come with me to kaylan's ballet recitals in a few years!

Jill said...

Feeling your pain girl. And I only have one playing right now. Can't wait for Lacrosse season!

tara said...

i bet it's the smell that gets you. those gyms get so "moist" and nasty when they play bball. I hate it too. ewww.